The Ministry of the Interior has set in total twelve priorities for oncoming period
1. eGON = A contemporary, friendly and effective office
To develop eGovernment and to enforce electronic communication between citizens and public authorities as well as between authorities themselves. To adopt the Act on eGovernment.
2. Czech POINT – Removing excessive bureaucracy and creating comfort for citizens
To further extend universal focal points for citizens where they may obtain extracts from the Criminal Records Register and the Land Register. To make accessible the register of inhabitants and the register where sanction points assigned to drivers for violating traffic rules.
3. New Police – Help and Protect!
To enforce adoption of the Draft Act on the Police of the Czech Republic. Police reform – a new work style - community policing, reorganisation, and more effective financial management.
4. P 1000 Project – Police Office – a place of trust and security
To modernise a further 120 police offices.
5. Sale of the Ministry of the Interior’s Assets – to manage our assets better
The sale of useless assets owned by the Ministry of the Interior and the Police of the Czech Republic. Economical and transparent public assets management.
6. European Money – Europe to help us, and us to help Europe
To draw on EU structural funds successfully.
7. New Police Vehicles– Effective Investment
To make the number of police vehicles optimal. To renew obsolete vehicles.
8. Combating Corruption – Prevention, transparency, and sanctions
To meet the Governmental Strategy for Combating Corruption for 2006 – 2011.
9. -20% = restructuring the Ministry of the Interior – Less can be more
To complete restructuring of the Ministry and subordinate organisations.
10. Presidency of the Czech Republic of the Council of the EU in 2009 – We are now a fully fledged member of the EU and for the first time a Presidency country
To implement Presidency of the Council of the EU. To provide security during the Presidency.
11. Investments in Fire Fighting equipment – a prerequisite for the successful work of the fire brigade
To continue renewing fire fighting equipment.
12. Česká pošta – our CzechPOINT partner
To extend the services of CzechPOINT at the branches of Česká pošta (Czech Postal Services) and to prepare the transformation of the public enterprise into a joint stock company.