- Permanent residence – non-EU nationals
- Permanent residence permit after 5 years of continuous temporary residence in the CR
- The legal status of a long-term resident
- Permanent residence permit for persons with Czech origin
- Permanent residence permit for EU Blue Card holders
- Permanent residence permit for children born in the Czech Republic
- Permanent residence permit for the purpose of family unification (child of a foreign national with a permanent residence permit)
Permanent residence permit for children born in the Czech Republic
If the legal representative of a foreign national born in the territory resides on the basis of a permanent residence permit, they are obliged to file an application for permanent residence on behalf of the child within 60 days of the child’s birth.
If an application is filed, the residence of the newly born foreign national is understood to be permanent from the moment of birth to the time the decision on the application comes into force (this is primarily of importance for health insurance purposes).
The application on permanent residence can be filed at the MOI office according to where the child is expected to reside.
Application requirements are:
the child’s travel document; can be substituted by submitting a travel document of the foreign national (legal representative), in which the child is entered,
the child’s birth certificate