Ministry of Interior information hotline
Please only turn to this Infoline after you have visited our website http://www.mvcr.cz/mvcren/article/immigration.aspx and were not able to find what you were looking for!
When to TURN to the Infoline?
- If you have a general question regarding immigration issues.
- If you have questions regarding application requirements.
- If you are not sure how to proceed in residence matters or which of our offices to visit.
What information will the Infoline NOT provide you with?
- INFOLINE DOES NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION ABOUT STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION. You will access the list of all approved applications for temporary, long-term and permanent residencies including extensions of the first two to a specific date, listed by receipt number and newly extension of the long-term visa (visa for over 90 days) here.
- INFOLINE IS NOT ABLE TO ORDER YOU. YOU CAN BE ORDERED ONLY BY PHONE. Here you will find contacts on relevant office.
- Do not leave messages for a particular person who signed a document you received. Follow the instructions stated in the document! If you received a call from administrative authority, you should proceed due to information in the call.
- Do not request that the Infoline confirm the correctness of any documents that you send scanned or attached to an email. The Infoline staff has no competences to guarantee the document is correct. They can only provide general or additional information.
- Do not report any changes regarding your residence to the Infoline email. You must report any changes in a manner stipulated by law.
- Do not request a legal analysis (legal provisions, regulations, interpretation of an act section) or a legal statement. If this is what you require, you must ask for it by mail, through a data box or in an email equipped with an authorized electronic signature.
What are the RULES for communicating with the Infoline?
- We urge you to follow the basics of ethics and polite social habits in inter-personal communication with the Infoline. In case you disrespect this rule, the Infoline reserves the right to end any communication with you.
- Inquiries that are fully incomprehensible and do not contain any visible questions will remain unanswered.
- If your inquiry is of complex legal nature or requires a complex legal solution or even assistance, please contact an organization providing complex counseling (NGO or attorney).
- If you turn to the Infoline by email, please do not send your email to multiple email addresses within the MOI. You are only complicating the situation. The Infoline will make sure to either answer your email or forward it to the relevant authority.
- If you wish to file a complaint about a particular situation or activity related to the Department of Migration and Asylum Policy of the MOI, please use the Department´s contact details.
- If you wish to report a criminal activity of a foreigner, please contact the Foreign Police.
- If you have an inquiry about an appeal, please contact the Administrative Department of the MOI.
You will not accelerate our answer by repeated re-sending of your email!
The standard period for processing your inquiries is 30 days.
The standpoint which is expressed on the Information line of the Ministry of the Interior (by phone and by emai) has an informative character only. It is based on information given by questioner. Only text of the law or secondary legislation has binding nature.
tel: (+420) 974 832 421, (+420) 974 832 418