Ministry of Interior information hotline
- If you have a general question regarding immigration issues
- If you have a general question regarding Schengen rules for stay or travel
- If you have questions regarding application requirements
- If you are not sure how to proceed or which of our offices to visit
- Do not request information about whether your application has already been processed. This information is now available for the entire Czech Republic here.
- Do not request an appointment for one of our offices. Please contact the relevant office directly.
- Do not leave messages for a particular person who signed a document you received. Follow the instructions stated in the document!
- Do not request that the Infoline confirm the correctness of any documents that you send scanned or attached to an email. The Infoline staff has no competences to guarantee the document is correct. They can only provide general or additional information.
- Do not report any changes regarding your residence to the Infoline email. You must report any changes in a manner stipulated by law.
- Do not request a legal analysis (legal provisions, regulations, interpretation of an act section) or a legal statement. If this is what you require, you must ask for it by mail, through a data box or in an email equipped with an authorized electronic signature.
- We urge you to follow the basics of ethics and polite social habits in inter-personal communication with the Infoline. In case you disrespect this rule, the Infoline reserves the right to end any communication with you.
- Inquiries that are fully incomprehensible and do not contain any visible questions will remain unanswered.
- If your inquiry is of complex legal nature or requires a complex legal solution or even assistance, please contact an organization providing complex counseling (NGO or attorney).
- If you turn to the Infoline by email, please do not send your email to multiple email addresses within the MOI. You are only complicating the situation. The Infoline will make sure to either answer your email or forward it to the relevant authority.
- If you wish to file a complaint about a particular situation or activity related to the Department of Migration and Asylum Policy of the MOI, please use the Department´s contact details.
- If you wish to report a criminal activity of a foreigner, please contact the Foreign Police.
- If you have an inquiry about an appeal, please contact the Administrative Department of the MOI.
tel: (+420) 974 832 421, (+420) 974 832 418