- Check the status of your application – regularly updated approved applications for temporary, long-term and permanent residency including their extensions and extension of the long-term visa listed by receipt number (č.j.)
- EU citizens and their family members
- Third-country nationals
- Information for education providers and students
- Information for accommodation providers
- Information for employers
- Full text of the Act on the Residence of Foreign Nationals in the Czech Republic (pdf, 1.7 MB)
- Do you need assistance or advice?
- Information Publications for Foreigners
MOI office Frýdek-Místek (address: Beskydská 2061) will be closed on 26th October 2016 due to technical reasons.
Thank you for your understanding.
MOI office Prague I (Prague 1, 3, 6, 7, 8 a 9) ends its activity on address Koněvova 188/32, Prague 3 on 30th September 2016.
From 1st November 2016 there will be opened new and modern MOI office on address Žukovského 888/2, Prague 6. Until that term you can use MOI office Prague II on address Cigánkova 1861/2, Prague 11. Due to expected large number of clients there will be more MOI officials on that MOI office, but we ask you to use that MOI office only in urgent matters, until the MOI office on new address is opened. Actual information you can find here: www.mvcr.cz/cizinci.
Thank you for your understanding and we believe that you welcome new changes.
Dear citizens of European Union,
(with residence in Prague, including Prague-East district and Prague-West district)
We would like to highlight that on Prague MOI offices it is possible to submit your application about a certificate of temporary residence for an EU citizen by postal service.
Within improving the service of MOI office, reducing the number of client visits and incrising comfort you can only fill in this form (doc, 472 kB) and send it will all requirements to this address (we recommend you to send it by registered post):
Oddělení pobytu cizinců Praha IV
Nad Vršovskou horou 88/4
Praha 10 - Bohdalec, 101 00
In case that this submission contains completed form and all requirements *, you will be contacted by administrative authority to check your passport and to take your certificate of temporary residence for an EU citizen with assigned personal identification number. You will be contacted on the specific soonest term.
* All of the documents submitted (except the travel document) must be made out in the Czech language or officially translated into Czech and you have to send notarized copies. Or you will be called to submit originals before you assume your certificate of temporary residence for an EU citizen.
from 18th July 2016 till cancelled, MOI office Kladno will be opened only for clients from the regions: Kladno, Rakovník, Praha-západ and Praha-východ due to operational reasons.
Thank you for your understanding.
currently we are dealing with increased number of clients calling to Prague and Central Bohemia telephone appointment line - 974 820 680. We are working on upgrading this phone line therefore substantial increase of its capacity is expected in following weeks or months. Meanwhile we kindly ask you to remain patient since it may take few minutes before you will be connected the operator when calling to the above mentioned phone line.
We also kindly ask you to call to this appointment line only in case you want to make a reservation. You should prepare your passport and the date of birth. We encourage you to prepare in advance desired date of your appointment and the agenda you wish to discuss. Otherwise you will contribute to unnecessary blocking of this line in detriment of the other clients.
The information hotline 974 832 421/418 and email email@example.com are not capable to process your appointment requests. Please refer to these contacts only with general questions.
Thank you for your understanding.
Since 18th December 2015 holders of long term visa are entitled to apply for long term residence permit only if their purpose of stay requires the residence on the territory longer than 1 year (§ 42 par. 1 of the Act No. 326/1999 Coll., on Residence of Foreign Nationals). For stays not longer than 1 year it is possible to apply for prolongation of long term visa. For more information on prolongation of the long term visa click here.
This website is currently under construction and is continuously being updated. The information available here is not intended to be comprehensive and many details which are relevant to particular circumstances may have been omitted.
to make an appointment on MOI offices in Prague and in Central Bohemia Region you can use only this telephone number: 974 820 680. There are rules of ordering line. Working hours of ordering line are:
Mo - Thu from 8.00 - 16.00
Friday from 8.00 - 14.00
The Information line of the Ministry of the Interior is competent to provide general information on the residence of foreigners in the territory of the Czech Republic. The Information line is not designed for official communication with the Ministry of the Interior. Do not request a legal analysis or a legal statement. If this is what you require, you must ask for it in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Code. If your inquiry is of complex legal nature or requires a complex legal solution or even assistance, please contact an organization providing complex counseling (NGO or attorney). For official communication with the Ministry of the Interior, please, use the following contacts: Ministry of the Interior Nad Štolou 3, P. O. Box 21, 170 34 Praha 7, Electronic registry: firstname.lastname@example.org ,Data box ID: 6bnaawp. The standpoint which is expressed on the Information line of the Ministry of the Interior (by phone and by emai) has an informative character only. It is based on information given by questioner. Only text of the law or secondary legislation has binding nature.
Please note the new rules for communication with the MOI Infoline for foreigners. More information available here.
- 09/19/2016 - An up-do-date version of the Act No. 326/1999 Coll. on the Residence of Foreign Nationals in the Czech Republic
- 05/02/2016 - The presentation for foreign students - Quick'n'Simple (introduction of main residence obligations of the students)
- 01/01/2016 - Proof of funds – change in the amount of normative costs for housing
- 20/05/2015 - Emergencies
- 08/09/2014 - New Immigration Portal of the Ministry of Interior
- 23/06/2014 - Issue of legal residence certificates for the purpose of marriage / registered partnership from 24 June 2014
- 09/06/2014 - Emloyee Card
- 07/10/2013 - Change in calculation of the authorized length of stay in the Schengen area
- 16/07/2013 - Change in conditions of entry to the Schengen area
- 17/06/2013 - Information related to the accession of the Republic of Croatia to the European Union
- 27/02/2013 - Airport transit visas - changes
- 26/09/2012 - Agreement between the European Union and the Federative Republic of Brazil on short-stay visa waiver for holders of ordinary passports
- 05/06/2012 - NOTIFICATION - free voucher for a Czech language exam
- 02/03/2012 - IMPORTANT CHANGE: Long-term visas issued after 1 March 2012
- 08/02/2012 - Leaving the Czech Republic with a Departure Order - transit by ground
- 01/05/2011 - Changes from May 2011: Biometric Data in Residence Cards for the Czech Republic
- 01/01/2011 - Changes in conditions for the entry and stay on the territory of the Czech Republic from 2011
- 22/09/2010 - Information regarding new visa legislation on the European Commission´s website
Disclaimer: This website is currently under construction and is continuously being updated. The information available here is not intended to be comprehensive and many details which are relevant to particular circumstances may have been omitted. It is not a complete statement of the Act on the Residence of Foreign Nationals in the Czech Republic (pdf, 1.7 MB) or policy. Please note that the MOI takes no responsibility for the content and accuracy of any of the external websites we link to from this website.