- Check the status of your application – regularly updated approved applications for temporary, long-term and permanent residency including their extensions and extension of the long-term visa listed by receipt number (č.j.)
- EU citizens and their family members
- Third-country nationals
- Information for education providers and students
- Information for accommodation providers
- Information for employers
- Full text of the Act on the Residence of Foreign Nationals in the Czech Republic (pdf, 1,2 MB)
- Do you need assistance or advice?
- Information Publications for Foreigners
please note that the MOI office Příbram (address: Žežická 498) will be closed from 23rd-27th May 2016 due to technical problems. Please do not arrange your matters on this MOI office at that time. In case of urgency, please contact the MOI offices in Central Bohemia Region – Benešov (address: Jiráskova 801, opening hours: Mo and We – 8:00-12:00 and 12:30-17:00) and Kladno (address: Severní 2952, opening hours: Mo and We – 8:00-17:00 and Tue and Thu – 8:00-14:00). We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
currently we are dealing with increased number of clients calling to Prague and Central Bohemia telephone appointment line – 974 820 680. We are working on upgrading this phone line therefore substantial increase of its capacity is expected in following weeks or months. Meanwhile we kindly ask you to remain patient since it may take few minutes before you will be connected the operator when calling to the above mentioned phone line.
We also kindly ask you to call to this appointment line only in case you want to make a reservation. You should prepare your passport and the date of birth. We encourage you to prepare in advance desired date of your appointment and the agenda you wish to discuss. Otherwise you will contribute to unnecessary blocking of this line in detriment of the other clients.
The information hotline 974 832 421/418 and email email@example.com are not capable to process your appointment requests. Please refer to these contacts only with general questions.
Thank you for your understanding.
Since 18.12.2015 holders of long term visa are entitled to apply for long term residence permit only if their purpose of stay requires the residence on the territory longer than 1 year (§ 42 par. 1 of the Act No. 326/1999 Coll., on Residence of Foreign Nationals). For stays not longer than 1 year it is possible to apply for prolongation of long term visa. For more information on prolongation of the long term visa click here.
This website is currently under construction and is continuously being updated. The information available here is not intended to be comprehensive and many details which are relevant to particular circumstances may have been omitted.
from 1 February 2016 the MOI office Letná (Nad Štolou 936/3) ends its current activities for the public. Clients (foreigners from third-countries) from Praha-Východ district can visit the MOI office Praha I (Koněvova 188/32) witch extends its scope of authority, or any other MOI office in Central Bohemia. Thank you for your understanding.
New amendment to the Act on Residence of Foreign Nationals (Act No. 326/1999 Coll.)
Act no 314/2015 Coll. amending Act No 326/1999 Coll. on the residence of foreigners on the territory of the Czech Republic enters in force on 18.12.2015. You can find the text of the Act no 326/1999 Sb. with changes here,only Czech version(pdf, 1,4 MB).
Summary of main amendments do Act on Residence of Foreign Nationals you can find here (pdf, 200 kB).
as part of our effort to raise the quality of our services, a new appointment line for MOI offices in Prague and Central Bohemia comes into operation on 3 March 2014. From this date on, there will only be one phone number designated for appointments in Prague and Central Bohemia – 974 820 680. The operation of the phone line follows “the appointment line rules” (pdf, 286 kB); its working hours are: Mon - Thu from 8:00 to 16:00, Fri from 8:00 to 14:00. Thank you for your understanding.
The Information line of the Ministry of the Interior is competent to provide general information on the residence of foreigners in the territory of the Czech Republic. The Information line is not designed for official communication with the Ministry of the Interior. Do not request a legal analysis or a legal statement. If this is what you require, you must ask for it in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Code. If your inquiry is of complex legal nature or requires a complex legal solution or even assistance, please contact an organization providing complex counseling (NGO or attorney). For official communication with the Ministry of the Interior, please, use the following contacts: Ministry of the Interior Nad Štolou 3, P. O. Box 21, 170 34 Praha 7, Electronic registry: firstname.lastname@example.org ,Data box ID: 6bnaawp. The standpoint which is expressed on the Information line of the Ministry of the Interior (by phone and by emai) has an informative character only. It is based on information given by questioner. Only text of the law or secondary legislation has binding nature.
Please note the new rules for communication with the MOI Infoline for foreigners. More information available here.
- 01/01/2016 - Proof of funds – change in the amount of normative costs for housing
- 01/01/2016 - An up-do-date version of the Act No. 326/1999 Coll. on the Residence of Foreign Nationals in the Czech Republic
- 20/05/2015 - Emergencies
- 08/09/2014 - New Immigration Portal of the Ministry of Interior
- 23/06/2014 - Issue of legal residence certificates for the purpose of marriage / registered partnership from 24 June 2014
- 09/06/2014 - Emloyee Card
- 07/10/2013 - Change in calculation of the authorized length of stay in the Schengen area
- 16/07/2013 - Change in conditions of entry to the Schengen area
- 17/06/2013 - Information related to the accession of the Republic of Croatia to the European Union
- 27/02/2013 - Airport transit visas - changes
- 26/09/2012 - Agreement between the European Union and the Federative Republic of Brazil on short-stay visa waiver for holders of ordinary passports
- 05/06/2012 - NOTIFICATION - free voucher for a Czech language exam
- 02/03/2012 - IMPORTANT CHANGE: Long-term visas issued after 1 March 2012
- 08/02/2012 - Leaving the Czech Republic with a Departure Order - transit by ground
- 01/05/2011 - Changes from May 2011: Biometric Data in Residence Cards for the Czech Republic
- 01/01/2011 - Changes in conditions for the entry and stay on the territory of the Czech Republic from 2011
- 22/09/2010 - Information regarding new visa legislation on the European Commission´s website
Disclaimer: This website is currently under construction and is continuously being updated. The information available here is not intended to be comprehensive and many details which are relevant to particular circumstances may have been omitted. It is not a complete statement of the Act on the Residence of Foreign Nationals in the Czech Republic (pdf, 1,2 MB) or policy. Please note that the MOI takes no responsibility for the content and accuracy of any of the external websites we link to from this website.