- Check the status of your application – regularly updated approved applications for temporary, long-term and permanent residency including their extensions listed by receipt number (č.j.)
- EU citizens and their family members
- Third-country nationals
- Information for education providers and students
- Information for accommodation providers
- Information for employers
- Full text of the Act on the Residence of Foreign Nationals in the Czech Republic (pdf, 1,13 MB)
- Do you need assistance or advice?
- Information Publications for Foreigners
Please note that the MOI office Kladno (Severní 2952) is closed today, on 3 March 2015, due to technical problems. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Dear clients, the new phone line for MOI office Plzeň and MOI office Klatovy will come into operation since 1st of March 2015 – 974 320 290 (this joint line for both offices shall be designated for providing general information). Current appointment lines for both offices remain unchanged. Thank you for your understanding.
Dear clients, as part of our effort to raise the quality of our services, a new appointment line for MOI offices in Prague and Central Bohemia comes into operation on 3 March 2014. From this date on, there will only be one phone number designated for appointments in Prague and Central Bohemia – 974 820 680. The operation of the phone line follows “the appointment line rules” (pdf, 286 kB); its working hours are: Mon - Thu from 8:00 to 16:00, Fri from 8:00 to 14:00. Thank you for your understanding.
The Information line of the Ministry of the Interior is competent to provide general information on the residence of foreigners in the territory of the Czech Republic. The Information line is not designed for official communication with the Ministry of the Interior. Do not request a legal analysis or a legal statement. If this is what you require, you must ask for it in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Code. If your inquiry is of complex legal nature or requires a complex legal solution or even assistance, please contact an organization providing complex counseling (NGO or attorney). For official communication with the Ministry of the Interior, please, use the following contacts: Ministry of the Interior Nad Štolou 3, P. O. Box 21, 170 34 Praha 7, Electronic registry: email@example.com ,Data box ID: 6bnaawp.
Please note the new rules for communication with the MOI Infoline for foreigners. More information available here.
- 07/01/2015 - Proof of funds – change in the amount of normative costs for housing
- 30/12/2014 - An up-do-date version of the Act No. 326/1999 Coll. on the Residence of Foreign Nationals in the Czech Republic
- 08/09/2014 - New Immigration Portal of the Ministry of Interior
- 23/06/2014 - Issue of legal residence certificates for the purpose of marriage / registered partnership from 24 June 2014
- 23/06/2014 - An up-do-date version of the Act No. 326/1999 Coll. on the Residence of Foreign Nationals in the Czech Republic
- 09/06/2014 - Emloyee Card
- 07/01/2014 - Proof of funds – change in the amount of normative costs for housing
- 30/12/2013 - An up-do-date version of the Act No. 326/1999 Coll. on the Residence of Foreign Nationals in the Czech Republic
- 07/10/2013 - Change in calculation of the authorized length of stay in the Schengen area
- 16/07/2013 - Change in conditions of entry to the Schengen area
- 17/06/2013 - Information related to the accession of the Republic of Croatia to the European Union
- 10/05/2013 - An up-do-date version of the Act No. 326/1999 Coll. on the Residence of Foreign Nationals in the Czech Republic
- 27/02/2013 - Airport transit visas - changes
- 26/09/2012 - Agreement between the European Union and the Federative Republic of Brazil on short-stay visa waiver for holders of ordinary passports
- 05/06/2012 - NOTIFICATION - free voucher for a Czech language exam
- 02/03/2012 - IMPORTANT CHANGE: Long-term visas issued after 1 March 2012
- 08/02/2012 - Leaving the Czech Republic with a Departure Order - transit by ground
- 01/05/2011 - Changes from May 2011: Biometric Data in Residence Cards for the Czech Republic
- 01/01/2011 - Changes in conditions for the entry and stay on the territory of the Czech Republic from 2011
- 22/09/2010 - Information regarding new visa legislation on the European Commission´s website
Disclaimer: This website is currently under construction and is continuously being updated. The information available here is not intended to be comprehensive and many details which are relevant to particular circumstances may have been omitted. It is not a complete statement of the Act on the Residence of Foreign Nationals in the Czech Republic (PDF, 1,13 MB) or policy. Please note that the MOI takes no responsibility for the content and accuracy of any of the external websites we link to from this website.