Changes in conditions for the entry and stay on the territory of the Czech Republic from 2011
THIS INFORMATION MAY NOT BE UP TO DATE ANY LOGNER!On this website, you are provided with all information related to changes which became effective from 2011. The changes are stemming from an amendment to the Act on Residence of Foreign Nationals' in the Territory of the Czech Republic which entered into force on January 1, 2011.
- Basic Information
- An amendment to the Act on Residence of Foreign Nationals - main changes
- Change in the offices dealing with residency of foreign nationals in the Czech Republic from 1 January 2011
- Responsibility of new offices of the Ministry of the Interior and the Foreign Police
- Anti-corruption Help Line
- CONTACTS - Offices of Foreign Police and Ministry of the Interior – detailed overview according to regions
- Appeal Commission on Residence of Foreign Nationals – new appeal authority
On December 21, 2010 the Parliament of the Czech Republic passed amendment to the Act on Residence of Foreign Nationals in the Territory of the Czech Republic (Act No. 326/1999 Coll., as amended).
The amendment was signed by the President of the Czech Republic on December 23, 2010. It was published in the Collection of laws on December 30, 2010 under No. 427/2010. The amendment came into force on January 1, 2011.
The amendment introduced a number of important changes related to offices dealing with matters concerning stay of foreign nationals on the territory of the Czech Republic as well as conditions for the entry and stay on the Czech territory.
Ministry of the Interior has launched an information campaign which aims at informing EU nationals as well as third-country nationals staying in the Czech Republic about all changes.
Thank you for your understanding.
Ministry of the Interior
Department for Asylum and Migration Policy
January 6th, 2011